Our emergency departments and our hospitals are ready to serve the residents of Prince George’s County. We’re prepared to take care of any emergency that comes through our doors.
The first time many of us experience a hospital is during a medical emergency, when it is important to have the best care possible in the critical minutes. Our Emergency Services Departments are staffed by highly-qualified, board-certified physicians, as well as dedicated, experienced emergency nurses. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to meet your emergency and urgent care needs.
Prince George’s Hospital Center
At Prince George’s Hospital Center Emergency Department is every day we care for patients of all ages with the broadest scope of illnesses, ranging from unmet primary care needs of our community to acute emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, or asthma, where every second matters.
Prince George’s Hospital Center Emergency Department has:
- 23 acute-care treatment beds including eight private acute-care treatment rooms, a 4-bed resuscitation area, an observation unit, and two trauma rooms
- a state designated Level II Trauma Center and the second busiest trauma center in the state of Maryland seeing over 3, 000 trauma patients per year
- a designated STEMI center with a comprehensive Cardiac Care Program including 24-hour cardiac catheterization and open-heart surgery capabilities for all acute heart emergencies – the only hospital in Prince George’s County that provides these services
Contact the Prince George’s Hospital at 301-618-2000.
Laurel Regional Hospital
To keep pace with growth and maintain high-quality, efficient care, Laurel Regional Hospital upgraded and modernized its emergency department, tripling its space. More than 30,000 patients are seen in the department annually.
Thirty-one separate treatment areas are used to treat both adults and children by a variety of specialists. These treatment areas include:
- An Acute Care section for patients with life-threatening problems and an Urgent Care section designed to treat patients with less severe conditions
- Several treatment rooms designed and equipped to serve women’s healthcare needs and private treatment areas for children
When medical emergencies arise that require the services of specialists, our on-call staff are available to meet specific needs. These specialists may include:
- Cardiologists, orthopedists, ophthalmologists, obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatricians/neonatologists, plastic surgeons, neurologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals
Contact the Laurel Regional Hospital at 301-725-4300.
Bowie Health Center
The first free-standing emergency medical facility in the state of Maryland, Bowie Health Center opened in 1979. To meet the needs of the community, we are now opened 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For emergency medical services, we are usually faster than a hospital-based Emergency Department.
We provide the following services:
- Level 2 Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Radiology (Diagnostic X-Ray) Services
Contact the Bowie Health Center at 301-262-5511.